- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Makerspace Zone can collect the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, address, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Work details and affiliated makerspaces
- Any information you care to chare with us
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Makerspace Zone with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Interact in groups, forums, webinars, conference calls, online courses, etc.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website or mobile app via your browser’s cookies or mobile devices.
- Makerspace Zone may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources: Google, Facebook, Instagram, or any other organisation which allows third party account synchronisation.
How will we use your data?
Makerspace Zone collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Update you on your courses progress
- Alert you to app activity
If you agree, Makerspace Zone will share your data with our affiliated partners so that they may offer you their products and services.
- Any organisation or course provider that registered with Makerspace zone as affiliated partner.
- When Makerspace Zone processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
- Makerspace Zone securely stores your data on a cloud server managed by Cloudways.com
- Makerspace Zone would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partners.
- Email communication is handled by Mail Chimp from which you can unsubscribe at any time.
- When subscribe to our website or mobile app you agree to receive the communication sent through the website or thought the app. You can unsubscribe at any time by cancelling your online account with Makerspace Zone.
- You have the right at any time to stop Makerspace Zone from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to our partners.
What are your data protection rights?
Makerspace Zone would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Makerspace Zone for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Makerspace Zone correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- You also have the right to request Makerspace Zone to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure — You have the right to request that Makerspace Zone erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Makerspace Zone restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Makerspace Zone processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Makerspace Zone transfers the data that has been collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Processing your orders
- To insure the web functionalities and our mobile app
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality — Makerspace Zone uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include but not limited to what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising — Makerspace Zone uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Makerspace Zone sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, it is likely that some of our website features may not function as a result.
- Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Makerspace Zone has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be/burger/acties/klacht-indienen. Makerspace Zone is operation under Belgian legislation.